Today was the unit test on Energy: Conservation and Transfer. Instead of having a warm-up assignment, I had them either review their notes for 10-15 minutes or simply read independently. Once more I am VERY PROUD of how well the vast majority of students had done. Keep up the GREAT WORK!
Since the weather forecast is calling for ice first and then snow, the chance of school being delayed or cancelled has increased. I must emphasize the word "chance" since the precipitation can always move further north or south than originally predicted. We shall see!
Tomorrow, as long as school is in session, I will have the students who did not score at least an 80% to retake it. If school is cancelled then I will simply move the retest to Monday and shift all of my lesson plans a day later.
Tomorrow evening is our second annual Science Night Out. Of course, if school happens to be cancelled than all school-related functions and activities will also be cancelled. In that case, Science Night Out will be postponed and I will let everyone know as soon as I hear something.
Lastly, our new science unit that we will begin next week is Earth in the Universe and it covers the relationship with the moon, the lunar phases, why there are phases, why we never see the far side from Earth, the causes of day/night and seasons, etc.